Monday, February 19, 2018

All things Blue.


All things Blue.

Late summer seems to be the time of the year for blue flowering plants and they shine in our summer heat.


Gentian makinoi( above and below)




Gentian unknown


Gentiana prolata New Zealand seed.


Gentiana paradoxa


Anemone obtusifolia from Archibald seed collection Number 4,044.010 date 2001


Campanula Samantha a lot taller and more vigorous than Campanula Mai Blyth.


Campanula x Stansfieldii an easier Campanula when you find the right position for it.


Campanula cashmeriana I grow this dear little Campanula in the glass house as I know it will not survive our cold wet winters (above and below) Grown from AGS seed and is relatively easy from seed. It self sows under the benches where it is sunnier and dryer.




Geranium Azure Rush a Geranium wallichianum hybrid from Woodbridge Nursery flowers nearly all year except winter when it is dormant.  A very good doer.  


Corydalis chinensis I find I can grow and flower this Corydalis nearly all year, it is the easiest one for me.


Caryopteris x clandonensis only reaching 80cm small shrub that bees and butterfly's just love. (above and below)


I will post an entry about the banned seed exchange seed when I know more and have been informed about what we all need to do, and who we contact. It is the most disappointing news I think we have had from BICON so far, as our whole constitution and rules are based on belonging to overseas seed exchanges and raising plants from seed. It is one of the joys of life being taken away at the stroke of a pen.


No comments: