Thursday, August 17, 2017

Primula vulgaris.


Primula vulgaris.


When you see plants in your garden flowering and growing, all kinds of memories come flooding back, whether it is people or places. When I see Primula vulgaris flowering, I think of the Burren in Ireland, but mostly I think of a walk in Scotland we did. In Ben Lawers National Nature Reserve. It is a very peaceful place, we were the only ones walking, so we decided just to walk along the creek, I'm not sure what the Scots call a creek, but thats what we called it. Primula vulgaris, not many plants were growing out in the open, but tucked away under small, sheltered, rock ledges. They are revegetating the area  and the trees have probably grown since we were there. See what you think of the scenery, click on pictures to enlarge.
My Primula vulgaris is in a large 40cm glazed pot, that stays cool in the summer months and I top dress it each summer and feed with a granula fertiliser.









Anemone nemorosa was flowering every where it was out in the open, exposed to the weather conditions, covered in flower.




No comments: